Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mmmm...Italian...

Yes, this is probably the most random first post ever, but I'm just gonna run with it.  Aaaand GO:

I LOVE Italian food.  Yes, emphasis on the LOVE.  I really like to experiment with Italian-like foods, especially sandwiches.  One of my favorite sandwiches is a combination of sauteed peppers and onions, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, mayonaise, and of course, Italian bread.  Sounds...so....GOOD!!  And it is!

I also recently discovered a recipe on Luxirare's blog (go to it here).  It is a brunch sandwich consisting of an English muffin, pesto sauce, prosciutto, mozzarella, and arugula.  I tried it (minus the arugula), and it was de-lish (and super easy to make).

Another obvious favorite Italian food would be pizza.  I mean, you gotta love that, right?  Sometimes I make mini pizzas with English muffins, bagels, or tortillas and toast them in my toaster oven.  This provides a quick mini meal for people on the go (like me).

While on vacation at the beach, I tried gelato for the first time.  For those of you who don't know what gelato is, it is simply an Italian version of ice cream that is sweeter and more creamy.  It sounded pretty cool, and I was on vacation, so I just gave in.  Did I taste a huge difference from regular ice cream? No, not really, but it was still very good.  Of course, I'm sure some of you food connoisseurs out there would be able to tell the difference, but to me it was negligible.

Okay, I better stop right here before I drool all over the place.  I hope you enjoyed my little Italian food escapade.  What is your favorite foreign cuisine? Well, as that Italians would say, Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment