Monday, March 5, 2012

Wardrobe Essentials

Every girl has their go-to fashion piece.  Whether it be a pair of converse sneakers or a drapey cardigan, there is always at least one piece that makes a girl feel beautiful.  Here, I have compiled a short list of some of my go to items that I turn to when I don't know what to wear.  Many of these pieces are basic, meaning they are pretty much a permanent staple in my wardrobe.
1. Cardigan: I firmly believe in cardigans.  No, seriously.  They are practically a lifesaver during the winter when you are just dying to wear that short sleeve shirt.  Cardigans also add a casual, but still very stylish, feel to an outfit, giving you a look of composure and comfort.
2. Scarf: If you ask any of my friends, they will tell you I am a scarf fanatic.  I don't know why, but I just love them so very much.  I also enjoy finding various and intricate ways to tie them.  Not only can they keep you warm, but they are very chic.  I. Love. Them. End of story.
3. Skinny Jeans: These I think every girl should have.  While they don't make you "skinny," per say, the right cut can look great on a person, especially very short people such as myself.  I like to wear my skinnies with flats for that casual chic look.
4. Blazer: This article of clothing most recently made its way into my all time favorite clothing.  Blazers are extremely versatile, for they can be dressed up or down.  Wearing them unbuttoned with a tshirt and the sleeves rolled up looks classy and chic. 
5. Dainty necklace: It is always nice to have a small chain necklace to add a touch of elegance to your outfit.  While statement necklaces are always great, there are times when the outfit itself it just too "loud" to wear something heavy on the neck.
6. Flats: If you don't already own a pair of these right now, stop reading this, run to the store, and buy a pair.  Flats can be worn in the summer or winter (maybe a little less in the winter, or with tights), with pants or a dress, or to a casual or formal occasion.  A black pair is always nice to have, since it matches almost everything.
7. Basic T-shirt: While your t-shirt does not have to be white, you probably should have at least one comfortable and flattering top that you can throw on when in a rush.  Also, if your t-shirt becomes somewhat dilapidated or becomes unusable, there are probably hundreds of things out there that you can do with your shirt, whether it be embellishing it, or creating something completely new. 
8. Larger purse: These are best for traveling or going somewhere that you don't have to walk around for a long time.  We don't want any broken backs or shoulders!
9. Small/crossbody bag: These are the ones to take shopping with you, or out and about.  Because they drape across the body, they distribute the weight evenly.  Also, these are less likely to get snatched (if you live in a place where purse stealing is common).

So there you have it.  Nine basics that I think every girl should have.  While I am certain there are pieces that many of you would substitute, this is just my humble opinion.  Will write back soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment